- Written by Administrator
Awqaf SA is a charitable endowment (waqf) receiving organization. It invests endowment funds and spends only the income generated from investments to fund a variety of community development projects and programmes promoting Integrated Community Development and Self-Reliance.
B-BBEE LEVEL RATING 1 – 135% : Awqaf SA is a Level 1 contributor in terms of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Codes of Good Practice
SARS S18 Status: A maximum of 10% of Taxable Income of Donations made to Awqaf SA are deductible in terms of Section 18A of the Income Tax Act.
To be the leading civil society waqf / endowment institution in Southern Africa having the best financial and human capital asset base providing cutting-edge value-adding initiatives and services to empower people and communities and excelling in all that we do with the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Create, mobilise, develop and manage waqf and charitable endowment funds and assets as means of providing sustainable funding solutions
- Advocacy, education, popularisation, and proliferation of the Waqf system
- Mobilisation, training, & engagement of human resources/ambassadors for voluntary community service
- Initiation and/or contribution to worthwhile sustainable humanitarian, community development and poverty alleviation projects and programmes
- Cooperation, Partnerships & Working Unity
- Promotion of Self Reliance
- Effective Corporate Governance
- Holistic view of Community Development
- Being Proactive and Relevant
- Learning Organisation
- Service to all irrespective of creed or colour
- For more on Operational Policies Click here
- Ethical behaviour and code of conduct
- Sincerity of purpose
- Taqwa – Consciousness of Our Creator in thoughts, feelings, and actions